Feb 25-27: I Heart Empowerment conference

I Heart Empowerment is a student-organized and student-led conference composed of three sets of experiences in one weekend. The first is a symposium of organizations and discussion on nonviolence and empowerment as a way of life. The second is forum of student presentations on the dynamic of empowerment and its role in overcoming diverse conflicts in society. The third is a series of unity projects that aim to move empowerment to the realm of lived experience on a local and global scale.


4 p.m. on Friday to 2 p.m. on Sunday at Carlow University, 3333 Fifth Avenue; free to attend. For out-of-towners, they can even provide housing. For more information and to register, visit here.


1 comment:

Rosemary said...

I'm curious how my books-to-prisoners program can get involved with you Greenies...a colleague and I want to find penpals for many of these prisoners who have no one on the outside to write to them which is so sad...they would be so grateful. I've just started writing to a number of prisoners, and sometimes use a form letter which I then personalize at the top with the greeting and personal first paragraph. Whatever interests you have are shared by people who happen to be in prison, so maybe matching up people by commonality of interest would work well? My email is rcat32@yahoo.com --Rosemary